All grant applicants must be current NEHA members who have held membership for a minimum of three years.
The NEHA Environmental Grant
This grant supports projects that involve the recipient’s community in environmental projects with a medicinal plant focus, including education, action, conservation, native species re-introduction,and other plant and/or plant habitat related projects. (Up to $500 per proposal)
This grant is available for projects that educate children about the wonders and magic of plants. ($500 is available annually)
In keeping with the intention and spirit of Jean Argus’s vision this grant will provide educational opportunities for herbalists to perpetuate the tradition of traditional herbalism.
Please note that the grant amount offered can be changed per council decision. In addition, we request that NEHA receives mention and/or a small advertisement in the grant recipient’s program materials or on their website.
1) Grants are available to NEHA members only.
2) The project must have a stated purpose relating to herbalism.
3) The project must provide some tangible gain to the community.
4) The individual or group awarded the grant must provide NEHA with project photos, a report on the project, and an article or essay for possible publication in the NEHA Journal.
5) The project must have a stated realistic time frame/limit.
6) The actual cost of the project must exclude personal costs.
7) The project must have a clear description, outline, budget and resource list.
8) The grant monies may not be used for paying staff. Materials, promotional materials and transportation costs are acceptable.
For more information, please contact Andrea and Matthias Reisen.
To DONATE to the grants listed below, click on the appropriate button.Thank you for your generosity!